Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Christmas Project Update

Well, Christmas is less than a month away and I still have lots of things to make.

I'm currently working on a baby afghan for my cousin. She's expecting a little girl in February. The afghan is 81 granny squares, 9 x 9 squares. The colors are Red Heart Super Saver's Country Rose, Rose Pink, and Linen. Very country looking. I wanted something colorful. For her first daughter I did a white afghan.

I'm also making a kitten for my friend Laura in VA. I'm using a simple kitten pillow patten (Source: Women's Circle Crochet, Spring 1987, "Sitting Pretty Kitty" by Starlinne Garrett). I'm adding blue animal eyes, embroidering a nose and mouth, and attaching whiskers.

I also need to make dishcloths for several people. I have a simple pattern I devised.

Bridget's Dishcloth
Materials: cotton yarn, size H hook

chain 30
Row 1; hdc in 3rd ch from hook and across, ch 2 & turn (28 sts)
Rows 2-20: hdc in each st across, ch 2 & turn.

My friend Vicky wants me to make stocking ornaments for her housemate and her 12 siblings. I'm using the granny square stocking ornament pattern. I think this pattern has been around forever. I discovered it when I found one on my mom's tree and pulled it apart to get the pattern.

I need to make skinny scarves (They're so in right now!) for several people on my list.

I also need to make a dog a sweater.

So many projects, so little time!

No comments: