Friday, July 16, 2010

Crochet in the midst of household turmoil...

So...my parents are remodeling the kitchen and dining room this week. My bedroom is right off the dining room. As they're laying tile, I had to vacate my room for a few days and stay in the living room.

I've still got quite a bit of crocheting done. I started the afghan for my mom's cousin's daughter last Friday. I've made all the Aran and Coffee squares. I should finish the Light blue squares today. Hoping to finish it completely this weekend.

I've also made Independence Day bookworms for my co-workers (Red Heart Super Saver's Stars & Stripes). They loved them.

I've had to rethink the baby afghan for the friend at church. I looked at her gift registry and while the color scheme I had planned didn't clash, it didn't exactly match either. She's chosen butterfly themed bedding that has pinks and purples with green accents. I'm still going to do the nine patch block pattern, but I'm adding a few more colors. The new color scheme is Light Sage, Frosty Green, Buff, Artist Print, Blueberry Pie, & Plum Pudding. I'm still working on the layout.

So that afghan is next and then the Hogwarts house scarves. And then if I don't have any more commissions, I'll start back on my Christmas gifts.

Until next week, happy crocheting!

No comments: