Friday, July 13, 2012

Christmas in July

This is the time of year that I like to drag out my Christmas movies and music and really get going on Christmas presents. Since I started working full time, it isn't as feasible as it once was.

I did make a little progress this week. I've ran the ends in on the Buff squares and plan to get to the Pumpkin ones this weekend. After I get the Safari Stripes baby afghan done, it will be Christmas presents all the time. And luckily, there's nothing wrong with that. The first order of business will be the afghan I owe my brother-in-law from last year, of course.

I also made 3 bookworms this week to give to a delightful nine year old girl who has been assisting me with preschool story time. As I rushed to make them, I remembered my Gold Festival days when because I was prepared for the festival, I always had a stash of things to give as gifts if needed. After Christmas, I plan to start working on building up a gift stash. Bookworms, dishcloths, apple coasters, and baby bootie ornaments all seem like grand items to include.

Speaking of babies, I need to make 2 baby ornaments soon (i.e., before July 21) to give as a gift at a baby shower.

Until next time, happy crocheting!

No comments: