Friday, April 12, 2013

Where Is My Motivation?

Sad to say, but I haven't been very motivated this week to crochet or craft much. I don't know if it's the weather (Spring is finally here with a vengeance!) or the remnants of my sinus infection.

I did finish 2 felt sets this week. They are both nursery rhymes. One is Baa, Baa, Black Sheep. The other is Chook, Chook, Chook, Chook, Chook. I have several more sets in the works. Several are for this year's summer reading program theme, "Dig Into Reading."

I finished running in the ends on the squares for the baby afghan that's for the couple at church. I started sewing the squares together last night. I think it's going to look good. I'm never sure just looking at my layout on graph paper. I color it in with colored pencils, but the colors never match especially for the variegated colors.

A friend has commissioned me to make a baby afghan for her stepdaughter. It's a boy, and I've been given complete autonomy. I do love plotting a new afghan. The colors I'll use are Williamsburg Print, Carrot, Gold, Claret, Hunter Green, Bay Print, and maybe Coral.

I plan to spend part of my weekend sewing on the baby afghan and working on felt sets. Let's hope my industriousness comes back.

Until next time, happy crocheting!

No comments: