Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Squares and More Squares

Granny squares are such nice things. You can make so many things with them. Afghans, Christmas stockings, tree ornaments, the list goes on. I'm working on squares for my aunt's afghan. It's based around Red Heart Super Saver's Peruvian Print which is the weirdest variegated yarn I've ever worked with. Most variegated yarns have a set pattern--so much of this color, so much of that color, and so on. The squares look fairly identical. Not so with Peruvian Print. Every square looks different. I worked up 3 skeins and don't know if I like it yet.

For Easter, I decided to make some bunnies for my fridge. I made 8 in various colors. When I finished them (wiggle eyes, pompoms for tails, and magnets), I also glued the rest of the eyes on the bookworms.

I've been on a Sherlock Holmes kick lately, so I decided it would be fun to make myself a deer stalker hat a la Sherlock Holmes. I found the pattern on freepatterns.com. I'm using Red Heart Super Saver's Windsor Blue. It doesn't look much like a hat yet, but I just started it.

No comments: