Saturday, September 5, 2009

Christmas Interrupted

Christmas projects (including the never-ending afghan) have been put on hold while I make props for my upcoming story times.

On September 8 & 9, I'm reading about chickens. So I'm making chicken finger puppets using Yvonne Boucher's Rooster pattern in her Farmyard Finger Puppets' series, a stuffed chicken using Irene Duquette's Cool Chicken pattern, and an egg using a pattern from Crafting Traditions magazine. I'm making the finger puppets look as realistic as possible. I'm making a white one, a yellow one, a red one, a brown one, and a speckled gray one (representative of Dominique chickens).

On September 22 & 23, I'm reading about elephants. I'm making boy and girl elephant finger puppets. I'm using SAG55's pattern that is no longer available on the current web. I retrieved it using Internet Archive. These puppets are going to be whimsical. Slightly larger than the normal finger puppet and made with light blue yarn. I plan to make a tutu for the girl and a bow tie for the boy.

I'll post pictures as soon as I've finished these projects.

No comments: