Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Christmas is Coming!

Well folks, I finally finished the blue afghan on October 30. Christmas projects are well under way. I've finished Mom's annual chicken. She picked the yarn this year and it was a pain to work with--Red Heart Fiesta. The shiny strand kept getting caught on my hook.

I'm making stocking ornaments in favorite colors for various cousins. They're always fun and simple to make (variation of a granny square). Some younger girl cousins are also getting gingerbread house ornaments (original pattern, have also been called birdhouses and cupcakes) and wreaths (a not so original, original pattern--really it's just a circle).

At work during lunch and my breaks, I'm working on cotton dishcloths for some ladies in the family. I have an aunt and a grandma who won't use anything else to wash their dishes. Luckily, I stocked up on cotton yarn when I still lived near a JoAnn's. Boy, did they have great sales.

I've finished my niece's first Christmas stocking. It turned out beautifully. The yarn worked up nicely. I used Hobby Lobby's I love this Yarn in Springtime Ombre.

For story time, I've designed some teddy bear magnets. They look very gummy bear like. The kids seemed to enjoy them.

I'm not sure if I'll have time to make ornaments for my blue themed tree. I was planning on making snowmen, snowflakes, and icicles. In the after Christmas sales, I purchased blue lights, clear bead garland, and blue ribbon. I may just use that this year. I may have time to make a tree skirt in shades of blue and an angel to top the tree. We'll see.

Pictures of all these projects will follow at some point. My home internet is kaput at the moment.

No comments: