Friday, April 30, 2010

Completion...finally!

Well folks, after weeks & weeks of the best laid plans going astray, the Peter Rabbit baby afghan is almost done. In fact, I hope to have it in the mail by tomorrow. I have my nine strips of nine squares ready to sew together. Then I just have to edge the afghan with single crochet.

My next projects will be birthday gifts. For my soon-to-be five-year-old cousin, I'll be making a purse and some bookworms. The purse pattern I use is the Happy Hearts Purse. I don't make the heart appliques--I just make the purse. It's an easy pattern that works up quickly. The half double crochet is a sturdy stitch just right for a little girl's purse. Many thanks to Marlo for sharing the pattern.

I'm also planning to make one of those belated Christmas gifts for a friend for her birthday. I'm not sure if she reads my blog so I'll keep quiet about what I'm making until she's received it. Here are a couple of hints: doll and international. That should keep you guessing.

Until next time, happy crocheting!

No comments: