Friday, May 21, 2010

Christmas is Coming,

The goose is getting fat,
Please put a penny
In the old man's hat
~Traditional Nursery Rhyme

Ack! Only 217 days until Christmas and I've barely made a dent in my list. As you know I've got about 6 afghans on my list this year. To be perfectly honest, I'll be amazed if I get 2 of the 6 done. Ornaments are also popular on my list this year. I've had several requests for my crocheted ornaments (bells, stockings, wreaths, and gingerbread houses).

I do have several dilemmas on my list this year. What to make for a 10 year old girl who loves to read? (She already has plenty of my bookworms.) What to make for a 12 year old boy who only likes video games? My mom has decided she wants a hat with earflaps and tassels. That should be fun to make. I haven't found a pattern I like yet. I've also decided to make my niece a new ornament every year. By the time she's 18, she'll have 19--enough to fill a small tree. The problem is deciding what to make.

In other news, I've been a bit more productive this week. I've made several bookworms, 5 for a birthday gift and some to sell. I've also made a baby bootie ornament. My cousin's wife is expecting a little boy this Summer. The shower is this weekend. I used to make hats for showers, but babies don't need hats in the summer. And a baby bootie ornament (Baby's 1st Christmas) is a better keepsake. The Heroes hat is the next item on my agenda. Then it's full steam ahead with my Christmas list.

No comments: