Monday, June 7, 2010

Projects and Progress

Isn't that a great title for a weekly update? If I ever write a crocheting memoir, that will be my title. It smacks of Austen's Pride and Prejudice (which warms the cockles of my librarian heart) and yet is applicable to crochet. Projects and Progress...ahh, a great title! Okay, after that random musing here's my crocheting week in review.

The Heroes hat is in pieces--the hat and the two pieces of the symbol. I plan to finish it up tonight and mail it tomorrow.

I have a new commission from my mom to make a baby afghan for a cousin's baby. For once, it's a boy. I've said time and again that I don't particularly liker working with pastels. That being said, I like the color scheme for this afghan. The nursery set is blue and brown, so I'm using Red Heart's Coffee, Aran, and Light Blue. Sophisticated yet perfect for a baby boy.

The bookworms are selling well. I've sold ten in the past week. This is fortuitous because my scrap box is nagging me. After all the moves, the yarn balls are all tangled up. I straightened it up the other day. The scraps too little to make even one bookworm went into a plastic fold top sandwich bag. The smaller balls went into a tote bag. They will shortly be turned into bookworms.

Until next time, happy crocheting!

No comments: