Friday, August 20, 2010

Progress at Last!

My bruises are fading and I found a little more time to crochet this week.

The Gryffindor scarf is done. All it needs is the ends run in and fringe. I have started the Ravenclaw scarf. It's very small right now. I like the pattern I came up with, but I will be modifying it when I make Gryffindor scarves for my best friend and me. We like skinnier scarves. The ones I'm making right now are about 5.5 inches wide.

This week I've also make a set of six star coasters for a housewarming party. I already had some cotton dishcloths made. I used Red Heart Super Saver's Shaded Browns. Julie is doing her house in neutrals, so I thought that color would be perfect.

I made 31 bookworms over the past week. I concentrated on variegated yarn and fall colors. They still need eyes, but I know they'll soon be given away or sold.

Christmas is still looming. I've decided to concentrate on 2 areas for starters:

-My immediate family (mom, dad, sister, brother-in-law, brother, brother's girlfriend, and niece)
-The kids (I have lots of younger cousins in my extended family.)

I'm trying to devise a gift giving list for age 0-18. The first Christmas gift I give to a new baby is a baby bootie ornament. I'm trying to get set gifts for each age (boy and girl) so it will be easier on me in the long term. I'll let you know how it turns out.

This week I crocheted while watch Masterpiece Theatre's production of Charles Dickens' Little Dorrit. I loved it. Austen, Alcott, and Masterpiece are always great crocheting films.

In the coming week, I plan to finish both the Hogwarts House scarves and start on my Christmas gifts. My digital camera died this week so project pictures may be a little delayed.

Until next week, happy crocheting!

No comments: