Monday, August 22, 2011

One Down, Five More to Go!



As you can see from the picture above, the Forest Baby afghan is done. I am pleased with the way it turned out. I've already started working on the next baby afghan on my list. I'm calling it "Sherbet Baby." I'm using Red Heart Super Saver's Honeydew, Light Coral, and Pale Plum. I plan to sew it together in big blocks of color (think a one color nine patch square).

Since my last update, I've found out that one of the two other friends who are pregnant is having a girl. I called to inquire about the nursery. The room's pink and purple and she's ordered a chair with farm animals on it. I decided to use the nine patch layout to give it a country feel. The colors I planned to use are Country Rose, Rose Pink, Medium Purple, and Orchid. I actually couldn't find the Rose Pink and didn't feel like ordering it from off the Internet, so I decided to use Aran with the Country Rose. It will be next after the "Sherbet Baby."

Still waiting for my other friend to find out if she's having a boy or a girl. And another friend has commissioned me to make an afghan for her friend's baby. It's a girl. Just waiting on nursery colors.

Until next time, happy crocheting!

No comments: