Friday, June 15, 2012

Ides of June Update

Happy Ides of June, readers! I've never forgotten the "Ides of March" from Shakespeare's Julius Caesar. A Portent of bad luck, but I don't believe that. Sorry for the break in my weekly updates. I was on vacation last week and far away from a computer.

I did get some crocheting done while I was off, but not as much as I'd hoped. I also made 5 felt sets for my flannel board while I was off. And I went craft store shopping with my best friend. I can home with lots of felt, some tie-dye spray, a skein of Teal yarn (for the brother-in-law's afghan), 2 small cross-stitch kits, and a new rubber stamp.

This week, I haven't been able to crochet much. At work, I'm getting ready for the summer reading program that starts next week. And at home, I'm still trying to get used to working again.

In addition to a few Buff squares, I've also made 4 apple coasters this week for a co-worker who was going to another position.

I don't think I'm going to meet my June 23 deadline for the Safari stripes afghan, but with any luck I'll have it done by June 30.

Until next time, happy crocheting!

No comments: