Friday, June 1, 2012

The Pigeon



The picture above is of the baby afghan I made for my friend Liz. She's a children's librarian like me and a HUGE fan of Mo Willems' Pigeon books. This afghan (which I call "The Pigeon") was inspired by the colors Mo used in his illustrations. This is the second book inspired baby afghan I've done. The first was for a Peter Rabbit nursery. The colors I used in The Pigeon are Red Heart Super Savers Seagrass, Spa Blue, Cornmeal, and Warm Brown.

I'm a little behind on my daily quota for the Safari Stripes afghan, but I plan to catch up next week while I'm off work. I'll also be working on felt pieces for my flannel board. And maybe making some apple coasters for a teacher friend.

I'm thinking about taking up cross-stitch again. I've found a cute owl pattern. Don't know when I might start it, but I'll keep you informed.

Until next time, happy crocheting!

No comments: