Friday, August 17, 2012

A Slight Hiatus

I haven't been in much of a crocheting mood for most of this week. I've made a few Cafe squares...still hoping to get 16 out of the skein.

On Saturday (or was it Sunday?), I started the baby afghan I told you about last week. I've decided to try something different than my usual 81 three-round granny squares sewn together in 9 x 9 rows and columns. I found a few patterns last week that I thought I'd try. The first one was Baby Granny Three Ways from Red Heart Yarn. I think I worked it up to 10 or 12 rounds. I'm just not liking it. I pulled a few more patterns off the web today. This time they're from Lionbrand. I'll let you know how I progress.

There won't be a weekly update next week. I'm on vacation. It's more of a stay-cation so I can fall clean my apartment, but I am going craft shopping with my best friend. I'm going to put my Sunday afternoon to good use looking over the sale papers and printing off the stores' coupons. I want to make the most of this trip. It will probably be November before I get to go again.

Until next time, happy crocheting!

No comments: