Friday, February 22, 2013

Getting Into a Project

Since my last update, I've become firmly entrenched in the baby afghan for the couple at church. The general color scheme is blues, greens, and browns. As I was gathering the browns (Cafe, Buff, Linen, & Warm Brown)  and green (Medium Thyme) out of my yarn ball box, I noticed 3 balls of variegated yarn that fit in with the color scheme: Fall, Aspen Print, and Shaded Browns. These yarn balls made almost half of the squares for the afghan. I always enjoy a chance to use up leftovers. I'm working on the Tea Leaf squares and I don't think what I have is going to make the 15 squares I need so I may have to use some Hunter Green to make up the difference. The other 2 colors I'll be using are Blue Suede and Coffee.

My friend Anna is having a baby this year. She and her husband don't plan on finding out the baby's sex. She asked if I could do something in green and purple as she and her husband like those colors and they are relatively gender neutral. Since she asked this, I've been playing around with various color schemes in my head. I've actually went through two different ones before I landed on what I think I'm going to do. As Anna reads my blog, I won't be revealing the colors until I've finished it and she's received it.

On Wednesday I found out that I'm going to be an aunt to not one but two new babies! Wendell and Katie are expecting identical twins in early October. We won't know the sex until April or May, but I'll definitely be busy with baby afghans after we do.

I need to finish up the wedding gift for my friend Laura and whip up a retirement gift for my friend and co-worker. I'm thinking a nice 100% cotton dishcloth.

Until next time, happy crocheting!

No comments: