Friday, August 9, 2013

Pattern Woes

I've been quite productive in the past week. Perhaps a little too productive if you ask my hands. This weekend I finished the other baby afghan, worked on the capelet, and started some cats for Christmas.

Here's a picture of the baby afghan. I was pleased with how the bulls-eye layout turned out.


On Sunday night, I realized as I was about to start the 8th row of the capelet that it seemed too wide. It's only supposed to fit around the shoulders. It wrapped around me a couple of times. I sorted this out over a couple of hours. I changed my hook size from J to G and cut 55 stitches from the starting chain. I thought this was very odd as this was a pattern in Crochet Today Magazine. I've worked on it a little since Sunday, but I've decided there's no way I'll have it done for the Hobbit Party. I will finish it just not by the 15th.

I love making cats (it's a small single crochet pillow. You make 2 sides and crochet them other.). It's a great way to use up the scraps or small balls of yarn I've been hoarding. The pattern came from Women's Circle Crochet, Spring 1987. It's called "Sitting Pretty Kitty" and  Starlinne Garrett designed the pattern. I think I have about 5 or 6 cats on my Christmas list this year.

Plans for this weekend and next week include finishing up the cats. I may not put them together at this time. And then I'll work on something else on my Christmas list. Not sure what yet. Maybe squares from  my brother's afghan.

Until next time, happy crocheting!

No comments: