Saturday, August 24, 2013

Vacation Crocheting

Sorry it's been awhile since my last update. The week of August 12-16 was very hectic at work with me finishing up the summer reading program. Translate: I didn't crochet a lick all week.

This week I've been on my annual after summer reading vacation. I mostly just stayed at home...and crocheted. I've been working on squares for my brother's afghan and I made some coasters for a friend who just started college. Here's a picture:


I used the Cold Flower Coaster pattern from the DragonFlyMomof2 Designs Blog. I loved how they turned out and I was able to use up some yarn I'd been hoarded for a few years.

On Tuesday, I made the 1 hour and 20 minute drive to the nearest Hobby Lobby and Michael's. I didn't buy any yarn. This is actually a good thing. I have A LOT of yarn. I wouldn't go so far as to say too much, but it's a plethora to be sure. I'm going to concentrate on using what I've got. What I did buy: felt, puff paint, and white cardstock on sale.

I know the title of this blog only mentions crocheting. I wish I had called it "What is Bridget Crafting?" I have three main crafts that I practice regularly: crochet, card making (rubber stamps and scrapbook paper), and felt sets (to be used at storytime.)

Well, I guess that's all for now. Until next time, happy crocheting!

No comments: