Monday, January 13, 2014

The end of 2013 and the beginning of 2014

Sorry it's been so long since my last update. I was busy with work, Christmas crocheting, and family. I managed to finish more handmade gifts than I expected. I'm hoping to be able to do better this year in getting an earlier start.

I'm currently working on squares for baby afghans. I have three to finish by the end of February: one for my sister's friend (Perfect Pink, Green Tones, & Buff), one for my new niece Cadence (Grape Fizz, Charcoal, Orchid, Light Gray, and Shocking Pink), and one for a friend's great granddaughter (Petal Pink, White, and Soft Navy). I also have another baby afghan pending, but the due date isn't until July.

Hopefully when I get all these baby afghans done, I can commence on Christmas.

Here are a few pictures of my Christmas projects:

 Mice for two great girls who spend their summers in NC.
 Cats for the kids who are celebrating their second Christmases.

Baby bootie ornaments for the babies celebrating their first Christmases. 

 A Downton Abbey inspired gift for my friend Laura (modeled by coworker)...a cloche hat and an infinity scarf. This was the first infinity scarf I ever made. I modified a pattern I already had.

 Heart ornaments for my sister.
Snowflake ornaments for my sister.

Until next time, happy crocheting!

No comments: