Thursday, April 17, 2014

Happy Easter!

Since I last updated, I've been hard at work on squares for the latest baby afghan. The shower is this Saturday and I was hoping to have the baby afghan done so I could take it as my gift.

I've had a bit of a set back. Last Friday, my Boston Terrier Chester was viciously attacked by a pit bull. His wounds were severe and I had to have him put down. Needless to say, I wasn't crocheting much for a few days. I'm still very sad and mourning him, but keeping busy helps and one of the ways I keep busy is to crochet.

All the squares are done as of yesterday and 51 of them have ends ran in. I only have to to the last 31 and then I can start sewing it together. I'm still confident I can get it done for the shower.

I also have a household shower to attend this weekend for my cousin and his wife. I wanted to make them something, but my attention has been focused on the baby afghan. I think I'll buy them a gift and give them an IOU for a handmade gift (likely dishcloths).

Going home to TN for the holiday weekend. Looking forward to visiting Mckay's Bookstore and all the craft stores. I need to inventory my felt and see if I need any colors. Wal-mart over here only carries about 6 colors.

Until next time, happy crocheting!

No comments: