Friday, September 30, 2011

Donut & Squares

My crocheting plans are taking a little side trip this weekend. Next week I'm hosting the first of four Laura Numeroff Parties at my libraries to celebrate the release of her newest book, If You Give a Dog a Donut. The game I'm planning (Dog, Dog, Where's Your Donut?) needs a prop. I found a free pattern on Lion Brand. I'll post a picture when it's done.

I've made 9 of 27 Cafe squares. My hope is to knock the rest of them out this weekend (after the donut) . I'll then devote next week to running in ends and sewing the squares together. I'm hoping to have the Sweet Chocolate afghan in the mail by next Friday.

We have colors for the commissioned baby afghan. My friend and I decided to go with Lavender, Cornmeal, Frosty Green, and Aran. The Lavender and Cornmeal will form the 5 nine patch blocks that form an X and the Frosty Green and Aran will form the other 4 blocks that form a cross. I think it's going to be lovely. I'm calling this one "Zoe's Flower Garden." (Zoe is what they're naming the baby.)

I still haven't inventories by yarn balls. And I still have a hankering to make bookworms. Maybe after I finish these 5 baby afghans. I can only hope that non one else I know gets pregnant!

Until next time, happy crocheting!

No comments: