Friday, January 20, 2012

Stalemate...Crochet Style

Nothing much to report on the crochet front this week. I went to the chiropractor on Wednesday and Doc said I had a problem in my neck that was causing the weakness and numbness in my left arm and hand. He worked me over pretty good and recommended having a massage or two. I had a massage today. Wonderful things, massages. I think I could become addicted.

The therapist recommended stretching more in between activities (like crocheting or reading), wearing braces while I crochet, and crocheting in smaller increments (15 or 20 minutes).

I haven't crocheted at all this week. I really miss it. Luckily, the therapist said to crochet a little because my muscles are used to it and it would be worse to not crochet for a while.

I'll have another massage next week and see Doc again on February 6. Hopefully, I can help myself get better with better stretching (I'm going to add a stretching routine to my workout, too) and time management.

Tonight, I may crochet for 15 minutes. I'll let you know how it goes. With any luck, the French Country baby afghan may be finished by early February. Until next time, happy crocheting.

No comments: