Friday, January 6, 2012

The Beginning of a New Year & New Projects

I finished sewing the Nine Patch Country Girl baby afghan together on December 31. I edged it on January 1. I'll have a picture of it up next week.

I've started the squares for the French Country baby afghan. The baby is due January 19 and will be named Kadance. I probably won't have the afghan finished before the baby comes unless she's late. After that I have the 2 afghans I've mentioned already (The Pigeon & Dr. Who Scarf inspired) and I've added one more. I don't know anything about the baby yet other than the due date (August), so it's just in the back of my mind.

I wore my hand out finishing the Nine Patch Country Girl, so I had to take a break from crocheting for a few days. I updated my yarn inventory (it now includes yarn balls of good size) and sorted out yarn for my brother-in-law's afghan and the Dr. Who Scarf inspired baby afghan. I received 10 skeins of Red Heart yarn for Christmas as well as a whole tote of other yarn (Fun Fur, Chunky, etc.). My goal for 2012 is to use what yarn I have and not buy any unless absolutely necessary.

I've also been working on my Christmas list for 2012. Dishcloths are predominate. I'll need to make 25-30 and I'll probably make them in February. I prefer to work with cotton in cold weather. I also have several octopus pincushions and hats on the list. I'm nowhere near done with the list and it will change as the year progresses.

This weekend, I need to make a baby bootie ornament for little Stacy Jean (recipient of the Nine Patch Country Girl afghan) as she's already celebrated her first Christmas. I also need to make some coasters and dishcloths for a housewarming gift and another baby bootie ornament for a baby shower gift.

Until next time, happy crocheting!

No comments: