Friday, January 27, 2012

Crochet Breaks

This week, I've been taking what I call crochet breaks due to the problems I've been having with my arm and hand. Every day, I set a 20 minute alarm. I crochet (with a support glove on) for 20 minutes. That may not seem like a lot, but it's a lot more than last week's none.

My arm and hand are feeling much better this week. My hand hasn't went numb since Sunday. I have 3 more Pale Yellow squares to make for the French Country baby afghan. The plan was to make 41 French Country and 40 Pale Yellow. Two 5 ounce skeins of French Country only make 38 squares and as you know I have an embargo on buying more yarn unless absolutely necessary. One corner of the baby afghan will be all Pale Yellow squares. I don't think anyone will notice.

The recipient of the French Country baby afghan (Kadance Faith) is still in the hospital after some birth complications so I'm not in any rush to sew it together. I also need to make a purse for Kadance's big sister MaKenna (age 2). After that, I plan to start on Cornmeal squares for both The Pigeon (I need 19) and the Dr. Who Scarf Inspired (I need 10).

On February 1, I'll be dividing my crocheting time between squares and dishcloths. I'm hoping to increase my crocheting time to 30 minutes Sunday-Friday and 1 hour (2 30 minute sessions) on Saturday starting tomorrow.

Until next time, happy crocheting!

No comments: