Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Surprise! Another Baby Afghan

Summer Reading continues and I'm struggling to find the energy to crochet in the evenings. Mostly, I just sack out on the couch and watch Bones or Criminal Minds.

Towards last weekend, I did get a little bit motivated. The baby afghan for my cousin is about half way sewn together. I've put it on hold because I found out another cousin is expecting (a girl) and the baby shower is in two weeks. I don't know that I'll get an afghan done, but I'll try. I'm laying this one out in a bull's eye pattern. The colors from the center out are Light Coral, Melonberry, Lemon, Monet, Aruba Sea, Pale Plum, and Honeydew. The last three make up the outside edge and I alternate them around.

I'm not often near a Hobby Lobby on a Saturday, but I was about 2 weeks ago and bought everything I need to make Hobbit feet for the Hobbit Party I'm hosting for my teens in August: felt, doll hair, buttons, elastic, and embroidery floss. Also went to Michael's, but the only thing I found was a "B" stamp. It will be good for making personalized notecards.

My best friend Vicky is coming to visit on July 22. We're going to have a small Christmas in July celebration. We'll watch holiday movies, eat seasonal treats, and work on our Christmas cards.

I have a four day weekend this week so I'm hoping to get some crocheting and sewing done. I'll let you know. I hope everyone has a fun and safe 4th of July.

Until next time, happy crocheting!

No comments: